What is metal stamping used for?
Metal stamping is a vital industry, used in everything from agriculture equipment that keeps farmers moving to automotive manufacturers that keep cars and trucks on the road. As a trusted flat-rolled steel supplier and coil processor, you can have confidence that the products we deliver will meet high-quality standards.
What is Metal Stamping?
Stamping, also referred to as pressing, uses a flat metal sheet (blank) or a metal coil to produce a part or component. The material is fed into a stamping press, where a die explicitly made for the part being stamped forms the material shape.
Flat Rolled Steel Processing Capabilities:
Alliance Steel is a comprehensive steel service center with a wide variety of processing capabilities, including Multi–Blank - Cut to Length in the thickness range from .015” - .135” x 72” and coil slitting in thickness ranging from .010” - .500” x 84”.
Material Thickness: .015"-.135"
Max Coil: 45,000lbs
Entry Width: 15.00”-74.00”
Exit Width: 5.00”-74.00”
Width/Length Tol: +/-.010"
Exit width: 4.00"-74.00”
Coil Slitting Lines:
Alliance Steel has three in - house slitters with capabilities ranging:
Material Thickness: .010” - .500”
Min/Max Slit Width: .375” – 84.00”
Min/Max ID: 20.00” – 30.00”
Max OD: 84.00”
Alliance Steel is excited to offer our partners the ability to achieve fabrication-ready sheets backed by our high-quality standards.
What are different types of metal stamping?
- Progressive Die Stamping
- Four Slide Stamping
- Deep Draw Stamping
- Short Run Stamping
What are common metal forming operations?
- Also known as draw forming, it uses tension to change the shape of a blank by drawing it through a die cavity.
- It is the most common technique in stamping, which starts when a blank is fed into the stamping machine. The die cuts a rough outline or shape of the desired product. From there, the part may go through further fabrication.
- Make sure you leave enough material to perform a bend! Bending too close to a hole, notch, and tabs can leave your material deformed.
- Coning is the process of striking an edge of a part to create a flattened edge or break the burr.
What materials are used in metal stampings?
- Hot Roll Steel
- Cold Roll Steel
- Coated Steel
- Hot Dipped Galvanized Steel
- Electro Galvanized Steel
- Galvannealed Steel
- Aluminized Steel
- Galvalume Steel
- Stainless Steel
Alliance Steel has extensive relationships with mills all around the country, and we are prepared to support your steel needs. Contact us today to check our industry-leading inventory.
What are typical stamping applications?
- Agriculture Equipment
- Mounting Systems
- Heavy Equipment
- Lighting Equipment
- Furniture Parts
With 20+ years of experience, Alliance Steel is proud to be a premier steel supplier across various industries by supplying high–quality steel.
For more information on Alliance Steel or our products and capabilities, contact us today.