Advantages of Prepainted Steel
For years, steel has been used for everything from construction goods to consumer products – and for a good reason, it’s solid and versatile.
Get the look and performance you desire with prepainted steel sheets and coils from Alliance Steel. We can tailor these products to your specifications as a premier steel processor.
The Prepainted Steel Advantage
Prepainted steel is rolled metal sheets or coils coated with a thin, uniform layer of paint. The process starts with pre-cleaning and treating the workpiece to ensure proper paint adhesion. Afterward, a paint layer is applied by roll-coating. The result is a final product with a smooth, uniform painted finish that offers excellent durability and resistance to weather and corrosion.
Also called coil-coated, sheet-coated, and color-coated metal, prepainted steel offers a variety of advantages.
- Corrosion Resistance: The painted layer creates a durable, protective barrier that safeguards the substrate material from elemental degradation. The painted layer acts as an additional level of protection for materials like stainless or galvanized steel, which naturally resist corrosion.
- Durability: By nature, steel is a strong, robust material. Adding a painted layer makes a workpiece more resistant to scratches, dents, moisture, ultraviolet radiation, pollution, and other forms of damage. This heightened level of durability makes prepainted steel perfect for hard-wearing applications.
- Visual Appeal: Many types of steel are prone to oxidation when exposed to the elements, which can be unsightly for specific applications. Prepainted steel has a smooth and consistent finish, which can enhance aesthetic appeal. Alliance Steel offers various colors and patterns, providing clients with greater design flexibility and customization.
- Energy Efficiency: Prepainted steel sheets have high solar reflectance, which can reflect solar radiation and minimize heat absorption. This helps reduce the energy needed to cool buildings, particularly in hot climates.
- Low Maintenance: The painted layer of prepainted steel needs light cleaning for upkeep and has been shown to extend metal substrate lifespans. Not having to replace material as often cuts down on long-term costs.
- Eliminates Post-Painting Needs: Utilizing prepainted steel eliminates post-painting processes. This cuts down on labor costs while freeing up floor space.
- Environmentally Friendly: Prepainted steel is fully recyclable, which benefits applications seeking to highlight sustainability; the coating process is subject to the highest EPA standards.
Versatile Products, Many Uses
Color-coated steel coils and sheets are durable, corrosion-resistant, and energy-efficient products with optimal performance. Also available in various sizes, thicknesses, colors, and finishes, they’re perfect for many applications.
The Prepainted Steel Coil Experts
If you’re interested in prepainted steel, Alliance Steel has you covered. As a leading coil processor and flat-rolled steel provider, we can deliver color-coated steel manufactured to your specifications on time and at affordable prices.
Our team is happy to work with you to develop a custom-prepainted steel solution.
Let’s Get Started Today
At Alliance Steel, customer satisfaction is the utmost priority. As an ISO 9001:2015-certified company, we’re dedicated to providing top-quality products and superior service every time.
Contact us for more information about the prepainted steel process. We’re available to answer your questions.