Coated Steel Sheet
Alliance Steel offers a variety of coated steel coil and sheet products and value-added services to meet our customers’ needs.
Steel products are coated with zinc to help prevent corrosion. When exposed to the atmosphere, the zinc reacts with oxygen, forming a zinc oxide. Zinc oxide then further reacts with carbon dioxide to form zinc carbonate. It stops further corrosion in many circumstances, protecting steel from the elements.
We supply a variety of coated steel sheet and coil products, including hot-dipped, electrogalvanized, aluminized, galvannealed and galvalume. Our value-added service capabilities include slitting, shearing, blanking, stretcher leveling, degreasing and brushing, and metallurgical support.
Coated Steel Products
Alliance Steel supplies coated steel in a wide range of thicknesses and widths for coil and sheet products. Coated steel products provide corrosion resistance properties and press formability, weldability, and printability.
- Hot-Dipped Galvanized Steel - Hot-Dipped Galvanizing (HDG) immerses the material into a bath of molten zinc to create a protective layer against corrosion. First, the material must be cleaned to ensure a quality bond is made between the base metal and the zinc coating. Second, it’s dipped into a liquid bath of heated zinc, where a metallurgical bond is formed between the iron in the steel and the molten zinc. This forms a sequence of intermetallic layers on all surfaces.
- Electrogalvanized Steel - Electrogalvanized steel is carbon steel with a corrosion-resistant zinc coating applied to one or both sides by electro-deposition. The continuous electrolytic coating process covers the steel surface with an exceptionally uniform thickness, which can enhance forming and joining operations. The process is ideal for applications where exceptional uniform thickness is paramount.
- Aluminized Steel - Aluminized steel is carbon steel coated on both sides during the hot dipped process with an aluminum-silicon alloy. This creates a bright appearance and offers heat resistance at a competitive price. High-temperature, corrosion-resistant applications that do not require a high strength-to-weight ratio can benefit from aluminized steel.
- Galvannealed Steel - Galvannealed steel is carbon steel coated with zinc using the hot-dipped process. The steel is then annealed, converting the zinc into a zinc-alloy coating that offers increased corrosion and scratch resistance.
- Galvalume Steel - Galvalume steel is carbon steel coated with an aluminum-zinc alloy using a continuous hot-dip process, combining the corrosion protection and high-temperature resistance of aluminum with the formability and galvanic protection of zinc.
Applications for Coated Steel Products
Coated steel is ideal for customers seeking an economical and effective way to protect steel from corrosive environments. The zinc coating not only serves as a barrier between the steel and the elements but will also sacrifice itself to protect the underlying steel. Industries that use coated steel products include:
Coated Steel Coil
Coated steel provides a durable finish, perfect for various commercial and industrial applications. At Alliance Steel, we provide a coated steel product that fits your specific application.
Our equipment enables us to provide all your flat-rolled steel needs. Below are our in-house capabilities.
Alliance Steel In-House Capabilities
Alliance Steel maintains a large inventory of coated steel sheet and coil products ranging in thickness. In addition, our equipment enables us to provide all your flat-rolled steel needs. Here are our in-house capabilities for:
|Max Coil:||45,000 lbs.|
|Max Coil Weight:||50,000 lbs.|
|Min/Max Slit Width:||.375”-84”|
|Slit Width Tolerance:||+/-.005"|
Alliance Steel continually meets industry standards and customer requirements with a quality-first approach. As an ISO 9001:2015-certified company, Alliance Steel strives to develop lasting relationships by providing the right product on time and at a competitive price.
Contact Alliance Steel for coated steel sheet and coil product information and availability.
|45T2||.02- 0.08||.30- 1.0||.03- .07||0.025||.02- .08||0.6||0.2||0.2||0.15||0.06||0.008||0.008||0.025||.01- .03|
|50C2 & 55C2||0.15||1.35||0.04||0.04||0.2||0.2||0.15||0.06||0.005||0.005||0.005|
|60C1 & 65C1||0.26||1.5||0.04||0.04||0.2||0.2||0.15||0.06||0.005||0.005||0.005|
|60C2 & 65C2||0.15||1.5||0.04||0.04||0.2||0.2||0.15||0.06||0.005||0.005||0.005|