Our Gary, IN, steel processing plant is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic to support the Maintenance Department. The individual will be responsible for maintaining mechanical equipment and systems to provide dependable support to plant operations accurately and efficiently while observing safety policies and procedures.
- Perform maintenance throughout the plant
- Perform equipment repairs
- Troubleshoot equipment problems
- Perform equipment inspections
- Perform additional duties as needed
Experience and Requirements:
- Field experience in either operations and/or manufacturing environment strongly preferred
- Ability to utilize precision measurement instruments
- Experience in various welding processes and oxyfuel cutting for fabrication and repair
- Basic understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Experience in overhead crane maintenance preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot, rebuild and repair hydro boxes, using a straight edge and indicators
- Ability to determine grades and sizes of bolts, pipes, tubing, cables, and wires
- Experience in bearing installation, care, and lubrication
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have high school / GED.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous maintenance mechanic experience.
PHYSICAL, ENVIRONMENTAL, COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Medium work that includes moving/lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to continuously stand for all or most of a regular work shift, reach above shoulders, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Pay is based on experience. $23.00 - $32.00/hr
- Healthcare Benefits
- Competitive Wages
- PTO Days
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive 401K
We consistently improve our equipment and facilities while providing employees with an honest and helpful working environment.
Alliance Steel is an equal-opportunity employer. We strive to create a workforce as diverse as the communities in which we work, live, and support. If you are bilingual, we encourage you to apply.