Quality Control Engineer
Job Description Summary
Ensures that products and processes are manufactured adhere to all standards and requirements. Monitors engineering processes and products for alignment to company and regulatory standards and practices. Participates in quality-improvement initiatives and projects. Performs quality reviews and internal audits; evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards. Analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability objectives of finished products. Recommends modifications to existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within the limits of equipment capability.
- Recommends quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrates competency in determining the adequacy/comprehensiveness of technical data, deviations, etc., related to quality requirements.
- Sets up and gathers documentation for PPAPs.
- Works directly with customers to address and resolve questions, requirements, complaints, 8D process, certifications, etc.
- Leads quality investigations and problem-solving.
- Supports the quality inspection department.
- Leads internal investigations and corrective action plans.
- Leads internal investigations for incidents and in-house rejections and drives corrective actions to implement.
- Conducts internal audits, customer audits, and customer visits.
- Monitor and analyze quality performance to ensure accuracy (manufactured parts, incoming parts & inspections)
- Assist setup technicians with proper measurement techniques, including automating measurements.
- Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods.
- Prepares statistical information and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Contributes to quality engineering and organization success by welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping others accomplish job results.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent required.
- ASQ Certification.
- Must have at least five (5) years of directly related manufacturing experience, including experience in supplier/OEM environment.
- Understands the interpretation and application of global quality standards (ISO-9001)
- Ability to conduct supplier assessments and complete and analyze APQP/PPAP/Capability data.
- Excellent organizational, planning & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to proficiently use measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, tape measures, CMMs, and different types of gauges.
- Proficient with dimensional drawings and schematics.
- Experience with 2D & 3D modeling software. (Solidworks, Creo, AutoCad).
- Experience working with ERP / MRP systems.
- Must be highly motivated, able to multi-task, set priorities and be results oriented.