Robotic Welder Operator
Alliance Fabricating and Manufacturing LLC, a fast-paced, growing metal fabrication company, is looking to hire skilled robot operators for the first and second shifts. Robotic Welder Operators prepare and load parts to cycle through a robotic welder. Additionally, they will perform some hand welding and grinding of parts. A Robotic Welder Operator must be a dependable self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision. Must be a safety-conscious worker.
- Promote Safety as the Number 1 priority of all employees.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, welding methods, and sequences. An overhead crane can mount, align, and secure tooling, attachments, and workpiece on machines.
- Operate both manual welder and robotic welding machines to weld standardized parts where the operation is repetitive.
- Prepare and position fixtures before welding and preassemble small mechanical units or components with limited parts before placing them on the welding machine.
- Inspect work visually during the operation for visual weld defects.
- Perform first piece inspection/and or inspection of parts to ensure parts are produced per specification or print; obtain sign-off by Quality Control personnel.
- Report labor hours by entering the information correctly in the terminal.
- Perform proper maintenance and cleaning of the equipment.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have high school / GED.
- Must demonstrate high critical thinking, eye/hand coordination, and manual dexterity; possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read blueprints and assembly drawings.
- Must be able to read/write and understand verbal and written work instructions, work orders, and customer specifications.
- Basic math and measurement skills (addition, subtraction, decimal, and fraction conversions); accurately read a tape measure, caliper, and height gauge.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Three months previous robot welding or combined education and experience.
- AWS certification is a plus.
- Experience operating Fanuc welding robots is preferred but not required.
PHYSICAL, ENVIRONMENTAL, AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Medium work that includes moving/lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to continuously stand for all or most of a regular work shift, reach above shoulders, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Healthcare Benefits
- Competitive Wages
- PTO Days
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive 401K
We consistently improve our equipment and facilities while providing employees with an honest and helpful working environment.
Alliance Steel is an equal-opportunity employer. We strive to create a workforce as diverse as the communities in which we work, live, and support. If you are bilingual, we encourage you to apply.